My great 3,700 mile journey across America begins June 18, 2006 in Astoria, Oregon and ends August 7, 2006 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Visit often and read my journal updates! Above photo taken while on "Ride The Rockies Ride", June '05.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Day 32 Welcome to Wisconsin!

Crossed into our 6th state, Wisconsin. WOW Today I rode 92 miles today from Rochester, MN to La Crosse, WI. Compared to yesterday's ride this was a fabulous day. I was strong and I got in by 2:05 PM. I was a rolling terrain today, which I love to ride. Makes it interesting and the land was so green. We had one horrendous hill that was over 1 mile that went from 13% to 16% grade. I stuck with it and never stopped to rest and made it all the way to the top of the high ridge. It was in the mid 80's, so climbing brought on a very heavy sweat on that climb! After acending up this we were up high and overlooking beautiful valleys and farmland. What a ride! It sure was great to see the Wisconsin state sign just before crossing the muddy grand Mississippi River. I quick stopped in for a snack on the way to the motel. I had just a short few minutes to get ready for the relatives to come by to pick me up. We first cousins had a wonderful time, as short as my time with them was, I was so happy they were there in La Crosse to see me come through. They came the next morning at 6:15 AM to see me off. That sure was nice of them to get up so early and watch the cyclists leaving. Cena and Mary took some photos. I didn't have my camera out. Posted by Picasa



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home