My great 3,700 mile journey across America begins June 18, 2006 in Astoria, Oregon and ends August 7, 2006 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Visit often and read my journal updates! Above photo taken while on "Ride The Rockies Ride", June '05.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Day 50 PORTSMOUTH, NH I MADE IT!!

After the ride celebration on Monday evening. Chuck, Peg and I went downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire and ate on the waterfront at the Stockpot restaurant. A wonderful relaxing place, and great food. The downtown shops and sidewalks were just filled with people in the evening. What a fun a old city. Postmouth was established in 1623. It was nice to have Peg with us for this last week of riding. I think Chuck and I were still in a bit of a daze not fully realizing what an accomplishment we had just finished -- 50 days going across America on a bicycle.
A view of the water from the Stockpot Restaurant, Portsmouth, NH
Here is Peg crossing over from New Hampshire to the state line of Maine. Kittery, Maine is the city that is across the water from Portsmouth, NH.
Peg and I pause to say hello to Maine. The post next to me is the MAINE STATE LINE sign, which did not get into this photo. Posted by Picasa



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home